Self Motivation- Yes I can !
It is something that stimulates a person to work and act towards to achieve a desired goal.
In this lock down period, it becomes very hard to stay motivated for an individual as well as for companies to keep their employees motivated. Many of us lost their jobs due to this pandemic. Therefore lack of motivation is natural if you are facing difficulties in coping with any issue in your life or experiencing very low self esteem.
So it is very important to keep yourself motivated and try to work towards your goal. Few steps to keep in mind, if you have been laid off-
- Accept it- You lost your job because of pandemic, not because you are not good in your field. There will be flood of emotions like betrayal, sadness, worries, depression. It is not inappropriate, let it exist. Give time to yourself.
- Talk- Very necessary to talk to someone you are close to. The one who can empathize with you. Communicate with your friends and family.
- Practice routine & Focus- You need to follow the proper daily routine, it inspires self-discipline. Exercise regularly & practice meditation. It will give you mental strength & will help you to focus on your goal.
- Trust yourself- Give some time to your hobbies, which you might have forgotten in your busy schedule. Keeping busy yourself helps to boost your motivation & will increase your productivity. Try to develop some side projects related to your profile & expand your professional network.
- Transformation – If one will not change, then one can’t grow. Learn new skills , it will build your motivation because it keeps your resume active & fresh which will stand out in future when you will re enter the job market.
Keep aspiration alive. Believe in yourself, come out of the comfort zone & move forward.